Collection of Personal Data
Your Personal Data is collected by Gather Care via various channels. The usual channels (but not limited to) by which Gather Care collects your Personal Data are when:
- You voluntarily or directly provide to Gather Care;
- You interact with Gather Care or any of its representatives or its affiliates or other participants of the Program;
- You respond to our request for additional personal data;
- You access the mobile apps of Gather Care and perform any transaction;
- You are contacted by, and respond to, our telemarketers.
Use of Personal Data
Gather Care may use and process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To communicate with you;
- To respond to your queries;
- For internal administrative purposes;
- To provide information to regulatory and governmental authorities in order to comply with statutory and government requirements;
- For Gather Care to comply with its obligations under law;
- To process any medical claims and payment;
- To process your application to participate in the Program;
- Statistics and research;
- To manage and maintain your account and the accounts of the Program;
- To perform any transaction relating to the Program;
- To publish to the users of the mobile apps or through any other channels of all medical claims of the month your Personal Data and your Sensitive Personal Data including part of your name, camouflaged IC with only first 8 digits visible, date of admission and discharge, amount of bill submitted for crowdshare and a simple description of illness when you are admitted under the Program; and
- Any other purpose that may be deemed necessary and expedient by Gather Care in connection with the Program.
Transfer of Personal Data
Disclosure of Personal Data Gather Care will not intentionally disclose your Personal Data to unaffiliated third parties without obtaining your prior consent except in the following circumstances:
- Disclosure of Personal Data for the purposes stated above;
- Disclosure of Personal Data to external service providers and sub-contractors, including affiliates who provide support or professional services to Gather Care including, but not limited to, mobile apps or email hosting services, information technology services, data security consultancy services, marketing and promotional services, data analysis, legal services, accounting services, tax related services, administrative services and data back-up services;
- Disclosure of Personal Data in connection with corporate restructuring or re-organisation including, but not limited to, mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, consolidation, amalgamation, joint ventures, formation of partnerships, voluntary liquidation and takeovers; and/or
- Where disclosure of Personal Data to unaffiliated third parties is necessary to protect the interests, rights, property or privacy of Gather Care and/or its officers, employees, agents or affiliates.
For the avoidance of doubt, Gather Care may disclose your Personal Data to any of our officers, employees, agents or affiliates on a need-to-know basis, or for any of the purposes stated above, the consent of which you hereby expressly given.